While more people are moving online to purchase everything from a hairbrush to tomorrow night’s dinner, consumer awareness on safe purchasing practices is also on the rise. Today, consumers don’t hesitate to buy stuff online, but they are more aware of what to look for in terms of security before they check out.
Trust badges play a significant role in your prospect’s online purchasing behavior. If your prospect notices you’re using trust badges, it inspires confidence, and they are more likely to continue with their order. No trust badges on your site? Well, then you can expect a percentage of your sales to slip through the cracks due to trust issues.
Stop leaving money on the table. Boost your conversion and trust with your target audience by implementing trust badges on your site.
Why Do You Need Trust Badges?
- 1 Why Do You Need Trust Badges?
- 2 Different Kinds of Trust Badges
- 3 The Best Trust Badge Apps for 2020
- 3.1 Free Trust Badge by Shopclimb
- 3.2 Trust Hero – Trust Badges from Booster Apps
- 3.3 TRUST – Varinode, inc.
- 3.4 Ultimate Trust Badges by Conversion Bear
- 3.5 McAfee SECURE & Trusted Site – by TrustedSite
- 3.6 Free Trust Badge Master – Hulkapps.com
- 3.7 Giraffly – Shopify Trust Badge
- 3.8 Appsolve – VITALS Trust Seals and Badges
- 3.9 Kamozi Trust Badges
- 4 Key Takeaways
Research shows that displaying trust logos on important pages on your site plays a significant role in finalizing your prospect’s purchase decision. Your prospective customers will look for trusted SSL certificates, and other trust branded logos they recognize before they attempt to move to the checkout with their purchase.
There are a multitude of trust badges available for sites to use, and the data suggests that shoppers are more likely to purchase from your store, even if you’re using a trust badge they don’t recognize. Most retailers notice up to a 60% increase in conversion after using trust badges on the crucial pages in their sales funnel.
Different Kinds of Trust Badges
When attempting to ramp up the trustworthiness of your online store in the eyes of your customers, there are three types of trust badges you can use.
- SSL Certification – This badge shows that your connection and site are secure and have enough encryption to ward off cyber-attacks. Shopify provides this to all store owners by default.
- Payment and Shipping Badges – Logos for accepted payment partners, such as credit card companies and other payment facilities like PayPal or Stripe.
- Security Seal – Norton and McAfee provide security seals that give your prospects confidence that you secure their data while shopping on your site.
The Best Trust Badge Apps for 2020
Let’s unpack the top trust badge applications available for your online store in 2020. Integrating any of these solutions will increase your conversion and inspire consumer confidence in your platform.
There are free and subscription offers in the following options, choose the badge that’s right for your store, and start improving your sales!
Free Trust Badge by Shopclimb
Your checkout and cart pages are the first places that need trust badges. Free Trust Badge by Shop Climb is our top pick for your trust badges. More than 11,500 Shopify stores use this app to display payment processor badges on your Shopify store pages.
The badges provide proven conversion results, with consumers viewing these badges as authentic and trustworthy. You have around three seconds to submit your prospect with proof that you are a trusted site. If you don’t have any trust badges, more of your prospects will abandon their cart.
With the Free Trust Badge app, you can tailor your trust badge to match the theme of your webpage. Change the font size and color to give the trust badge a native feel to your site design. With plenty of customizable features, this app gets a 5/5 rating from us, and did we mention it’s free for use?
- Attractive payment badges for the sales funnel
- Builds customers trust with your payment process
- Secured payment method badges increase conversion rates
- Display payment partner logos on your cart and checkout page
- Customizable badge design for a native look on your site
- Free for use
Trust Hero – Trust Badges from Booster Apps
Trust Hero is another trust badge app we highly recommend. This app focuses on mobile stores, and considering that more than 50% of online purchases occur on mobile, it’s worth considering in our top choices.
Trust Hero has a dedicated following and its probably the second most popular app for use on Shopify stores across the platform. Trust Hero offers badges with an authentic design, and they’re entirely customizable to the theme and layout of your site.
We like the user-friendly installation feature of this app. You don’t need any code. And it’s ready to go immediately after installation. All it takes is a few clicks to change the font, color, and size to match your site design.
More than 1,500-users of the app rank Trust Hero as a 4.8/5 for performance. As a final bonus, it’s free for use.
- Security and trust badges for consumer confidence
- Easy to set up with plenty of different icons and badges
- Customizable options to suit your theme
- Mobile and desktop compatible
- Free for use
TRUST – Varinode, inc.
Varinode, inc, provides a range of trust badges for your Shopify store. This developer offers badges and a module that allows users to write reviews on their store experience with you. Reviews are a critical component of any online marketing strategy, and they can add to your consumer perception of a trustworthy site.
Social proof is a proven marketing concept where consumers are more likely to finalize their purchase decision based on other users’ experience with your site. It’s a handy concept and a unique feature compared to other apps in this review.
The trust badges available on the app are entirely customizable to meet the design of your theme, and there is a free version available. The premium option has a free 5-day trial, and it’s worth considering paying for the premium version when you look at the value of the review module.
- Trust badges and review tools to increase consumer confidence in your website
- Display user reviews on your store with ease
- Allow users to write a review
- Customizable trust seals to meet the theme of your storefront
- Free for use with a 5-day trial
Ultimate Trust Badges by Conversion Bear
Ultimate Trust badges is another free software tool for creating visually pleasing trust badges for your Shopify store. Conversion Bear designed the app for use on mobile devices as well, future-proofing your site against the shift to mobile e-commerce.
Ultimate Trust Badges is easy to install and has a very user-friendly interface. You don’t need to understand code to use this app, and there is a wide selection of trust badges available in the app. Choose from trust badges for payment processors like PayPal and Visa, as well as trust badges for currencies, banks, and many more features.
This comprehensive trust badge app truly is the Ultimate Trust Badges app, and it comes with customizable options to tailor the badges to the design of your theme. You can also create custom taglines for your badges to fit the theme of your Shopify store.
Change the badge size, style, and color to anything you like. The auto-styling feature takes the guesswork out of your design decision if you can’t settle on one choice.
- Create free trust badges for your website or Shopify store
- Create custom taglines for your badges
- Simple design tools
- Auto-style functionality to match your website design
- Free for use
McAfee SECURE & Trusted Site – by TrustedSite
McAfee SECURE the leading security badge for trust-building on your site. People want to know that when they enter their payment data with you, you’re doing everything you can to secure their information safely.
When customers see the McAfee SECURE and trusted site badges, they instantly know they are dealing with a secure site that knows how to manage and secure data. If you want to sell a product using a Shopify store, this badge is an essential add on for your payment page and cart.
The app also scans your site for malware and virus infections, and it’s available in 20-languages. The app comes with a free version, as well as a premium subscription.
The premium version also includes identity protection for your shoppers, which is a great selling point for your site and adds further credibility to your Shopify store.
- Benefit from the reputation of the McAfee Security brand
- Display the Trustmark to gain consumer confidence in your site
- Reminds consumers you belong to the Secure Web Network
- Displays Trustmark and Verification Page in 20-languages
- The Pro version provides shopper ID protection
- Free plan available, premium options available for upgrades
Free Trust Badge Master – Hulkapps.com
Another free trust badge app worth looking at is the Free Trust Badge Master from Hulkapps.com. With the Hulkapps product, you get access to a library of trust badges, with more designs added to the app all the time.
You get all the payment partner logos, including credit card providers, PayPal, Stripe, and even cryptocurrency options. The clean design of the trust badges is customizable, allowing you to adjust the font, size, and color to suit your Shopify store theme.
There is a wide range of unique icons available, such as worldwide shipping, and other handy visual cues for your shoppers. You also get an option for uploading custom trust badge design, and dual-color options for a two-tone design.
The amount of selection on offer is fantastic, and it’s surprising to see that its all for free, Hiulkapps.com don’t charge you a cent for this service.
- Provide your shoppers with custom security and trust message
- Dual-color trust badges available
- Includes original payment partner logos
- Regularly updated library of trust badges
- Custom image uploads accepted
- Free for use
Giraffly – Shopify Trust Badge
The Girrafly offering is another excellent choice for trust badges online. This app specializes in trust badges for payment providers and processors, such as credit card companies and payment processors like PayPal and Stripe.
Choose your Payment providers, and then select the trust badges to display on your check out and cart pages. Using trust badges for licensed payment providers and processors provides your prospects with another level of trust and social proof they can use to help lower buyer’s resistance and make the purchase with you. Girrafly also provides trust badges for mobile sites, allowing you to ensure your website is compatible with desktop and mobile platforms.
You’ll like the user-friendly integration of this app on your Shopify store. It’s easy to set up, and you don’t need to know any code to get it working in a few minutes. The badges are customizable to suit the theme of your storefront, checkout, and cart pages. The Girrafly Shopify Trust Badge app is free for use.
- Helps build consumer trust in your site
- Display badges anywhere in your store with easy setup
- Reduces your site bounce rate
- Doesn’t require any coding skill for set up
- Free for use
Appsolve – VITALS Trust Seals and Badges
The VITALS Trust Seals and Badges app by Appsolve is another excellent tool for adding credibility and trust to your site.
This app suite comes with a complete catalog of trust badges to suit a variety of pages. Get payment processor badges for your checkout and cart pages, as well as security trust badges, to calm your shopper’s nerves as they begin their payment process.
All the badges have a professional design feel and look, and they don’t require you to know any coding for setup. The user-experience of utilizing this app is seamless and easy. You’ll have all the trust badges you need on your site in minutes.
There are over 30 trust badge designs available, including 6-layouts, and a full-spectrum color selector. Choose the layout and colors that compliment your site and start increasing the trustworthiness of your Shopify store.
The professional look and feel of the badges add instant credibility and rapport to your shopping cart and checkout pages. This tool is also fully compatible with your Shopify store, and won’t cause any changes in the code during implementation or removal.
Unfortunately, there is a monthly fee for the premium version, but you get a free three-day trial to see if you like the app before you buy it.
- Premium trust badges for inspiring consumer confidence in your website or Shopify store
- Increase conversion rate and decrease abandoned carts
- Easy setup and installation
- Professional quality seals and badges
- No coding needed for setup
- The free 3-day trial, premium version available
Kamozi Trust Badges
Our last option for trust badges is Kamozi. This app offers trust badges for your checkout pages, and the professional design of the badges is one of the best in this review. You can customize the size, color, and font to match your existing Shopify store theme.
Display your trust badge right under your “Add to Cart” button to capture your prospect’s attention and help them conclude their purchase in your store.
Kamozi comes with a 14-day free trial period, and the subscription is $4.99 per month. We like the offering from Kamozi, but we feel that the other free options in this review offer you more value for your Shopify store.
- Increase consumer confidence in your website or Shopify store
- Display badges in your checkout process
- Customize your trust badges to suit the theme of your store or site
- Displays the trust badge right under the “Add to Cart” button
- $4.99 p/month
- 14-day free trial
If you’re in e-commerce, you need trust badges, and if your checkout and product pages don’t already have this feature, then you’re missing out on lost sales. Trust badges are an essential part of any online strategy. Look through all your competitor sites, and you’re sure to find these badges floating around.
Fortunately, you don’t need to spend tons of money on implementing this feature on your site. The options for trust badge apps above are a great choice, and most of them are free to use. When was the last time you got something for free that earned you more money?
Give it a try and download a few trust badges for your site. Log your metrics, and you’ll see how it improves your conversion over the next three to four weeks. Compare your monthly sales data, and you’ll notice a significant difference in your sales figures.