- 1 ShipStation
- 2 Pros
- 3 Cons
- 4 What is ShipStation?
- 5 ShipStation Key Features
- 6 Customer Support
- 7 ShipStation Pricing
- 8 ShipStation Alternatives
- 9 What ShipStation Does Best
- 10 Is ShipStation Right for You?
Everybody needs to shop and many are doing it online Some businesses still struggle to keep up with the increased fulfillment demands that come with growth, but ShipStation is here to help.
An eCommerce service like ShipStation could be the best solution for your shipping needs, and it has created a platform that is easy for online retailers to use.
Let’s have a look at the key aspects of ShipStation, as well as how it could plug into your existing online retail business!
What is ShipStation?
ShipStation is a leading web-based, multi-carrier shipping solution to streamline the order fulfillment process for eCommerce retailers. Fulfillment is a complex process and ShipStation was created to simplify it.
Your company has a lot of options when it comes to how it will fulfill orders, and get products to customers. Some selling platforms do all the work, but it might make sense to handle your own shipping, especially if your business is selling unique goods that aren’t dropshipped.
ShipStation platform provides a vast array of integrations that empower you to synchronize your company with the most common delivery networks, shopping carts, payment gateways, and mail carriers. Nine years after its launch, ShipStation has become one of the most trusted shipping software platforms in the world.
Your business will have no problem shipping its goods with ShipStation, and the amount of information and customization options that it offers are impressive.
With real-time integration into famous markets like eBay, Amazon, Sears, Etsy, and Newegg, and shopping carts like Magento, Volusion, Shopify, and Big Commerce, ShipStation handles everything from self-import, creative series labels for customer communication.
As a cloud-based software solution, ShipStation is compatible with both Mac and PC via any web browser.
ShipStation Key Features
ShipStation also has features to merge and break orders, verify shipping addresses, guarantee packages, generate return labels, attach weights, monitor consumer shipping records, monitor inventories, mark shipping labels and more.
Let’s run through some of the most popular features in ShipStation.
ShipStation integrates with over 100 different third-party platforms such as Amazon, Alibaba, eBay and more. You can easily find a complete list available on their platform. ShipStation is designed as a multi-carrier, multi-channel delivery system to simplify shipment and distribution processes for online retailers.
With ShipStation, customers can save a ton of time and money on merchants while optimizing their shipping performance.
To make this happen, ShipStation will automatically retrieve information and also consolidate orders. It can do this from more than 30 sales channels.
The platform can also use pre-configured preferences to fulfill orders, process and printing a custom shipping label, and also automate all the customer comms by updating each store automatically with shipping status and tracking information.
This all takes place in real-time, automatically and continuously. Pretty cool!
ShipStation’s automation allows you to set specific rules depending on the order type to further expedite the fulfillment process. You can automate items like stock lists, auto-routing, use different packaging slips, and more so that the details are already filled in. This advanced customizing feature helps ShipStation to fit into a variety of users.
ShipStation’s order management program allows you to quickly and efficiently coordinate your eCommerce orders. It has several ways to handle all of your online orders with ShipStation and automate other activities involved with order fulfillment.
It also lets you merge instructions, break instructions, search commands, issue warnings, order marks, and edit orders. Order management is completely under your control and you can easily track down every stage of the ordering process.
Manage Multiple Carriers
You spend hours organizing, double-checking payment printing labels and packing an order. Then you drive as fast as you can to the post office for shipping as your business grows every day.
How can you do that every day?
Very simple, ShipStation helps you with all carrier integrations that can facilitate international shipping, meaning you don’t have to set up extra accounts.
$100 USD package coverage is also included in ShipStation’s policy, at no cost to you on all overseas packages and will allow two-day shipping to select international cities.
The company gives you thorough monitoring and documentation of procedures from your business dashboard, consumer engagement, revenue patterns, and consumer behavior. The analysis systems will provide you with insights into the following business areas.
It is called Pervtcresi:
- Pending orders aging
- Email performance
- Visits to Tracking and Returns pages
- Top products by revenue, category, and channel
- Customer sales and average order value data
- Returned products
- Productivity of workers by day, week, month, or year
- Shipping income, expenses, and net profit/loss by the customer
- Inventory rates
ShipStation provides direct supports to all merchants via email or live chat from 8 AM to 8 PM an all weekdays. Merchants who sign up for one of the higher paid membership services will still have access to support for live chat and phone services.
Before going further into each ShipStation’s packages, one amazing thing to note that ShipStation has a 30-day free trial if you feel like you want to try out the service before making a commitment.
If you want to just jump right in, here are the plans it offers:
Starter: $9 Per Month
The starter package starts at $9 USD per month and offers about 50 shipments a month. It allows for shipments across all selling channels with unlimited stores but only available for one user. ShipStation’s policy suggests branded labels and packing slips for clients. Moreover, the system provides email and community forum support.
Bronze: $29 Per Month
The Bronze plan charges $29 USD per month for 500 shipments across all selling channels. There are some similarities to the Starter package. This package provides one user and serves branded labels and packing slips. Just the same as the first package, ShipStation’s system offers email and community forum support with Bronze.
Silver: $49 Per Month
The Silver plan costs $49 USD per month for 1500 shipments across all selling channels. This package can serve two users and present to the customer customized packing slips and branded labels. Moreover, live chat support, email and community forum support are also available.
Gold: $69 Per Month
The fourth plan is the Gold package which costs $69 USD per month. This bundle includes 3000 shipments a month and also allows shipment through all selling channels. Three users can get access to the Gold package and it also suggests customized packing slips and branded labels. For support, the Gold plan offers live chat, email and community forum support.
Platinum: $99 Per Month
This platinum package charges $99 USD per month with 6000 shipments across all selling channels. The Platinum plan supplies five users and also provides customized packing slips and branded labels. For further assistance, this package offers live chat, email and community forum support.
Enterprise: $159 Per Month
The enterprise plan costs $159 USD per month for unlimited shipments every month through various selling channels. This package caters for 10 users, making it an ideal option for large enterprises with a huge order volume.
Just like the other plans, the Enterprise package offers customized packing slips and branded labels. It also assists the customer with live chat, phone, email and community support.
Like any thriving industry, ShipStation isn’t the only provider of automated shipping solutions. Here are a few other shipping platforms to consider if you are in the market for a new shipping solution.
Founded in 2013, Shippo is also known as one of the best solutions in the field of shipping software, specifically towards e-commerce businesses. This web-based shipping platform offers great features that support most small businesses.
Pay-as-you-go pricing model is Shippo’s strength, which enables retailers to deliver up to 200 orders a month to opt-out of subscription payments and pay for each delivered order just five cents plus postage.
Higher-volume retailers would have to subscribe to their Professional package, which tops out on up to 5,000 shipments at $125 a month. In addition to those 2 packages, the Premier package is also a great deal, particularly for retailers looking for customized shipping service.
Apart from its ease of use, integration and customer service, Shippo stands out with useful features like:
- Inventory-management Integration: Shippo partners with plenty of inventory-management companies, offering a multichannel approach that allows a retailer to control their orders, stock volumes, and the delivery processes.
- Partial fulfillment: This great feature created by Shippo allows customers to break orders into different shipments. Moreover, Shippo gives multiple staff accounts to use the platform. You can leave certain duties for your staff whenever you feel overburdened. Collaboration with your team is simple with a shared Shippo account.
- Customization: Shippo makes international shipping easier. The cloud-based platform helps you to carry out paperless transactions virtually. This feature also helps save time by making a framework for different requests.
The only drawback with Shippo is built-in monitoring capabilities. As the size of product changes, their automated label printing systems may have some problems. Shippo may need to improve specialized technology to reach out to more customers.
ShipWorks is one of the best ShipStation’s competitors and also well-known with its high-quality services, reliability, and scalability. ShipWorks is a shipping software solution with functions and costs suitable for small and medium enterprises to large enterprises.
The company’s software is appreciated by anyone who needs solid shipping software. Unlike other shipping services, this solution’s creators have avoided the fashionable web-based platform most Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) vendors are using and remained true to its roots.
ShipWorks is a Windows program that is built on a single device. ShipWorks has many advantages, including:
- Security: In comparison other systems, data from your business is more secure (not in the cloud).
- Scalability: A nearby ShipWorks system doesn’t need to deal with other accounts. It helps in efficiency and reliability, especially when orders pile up.
- Uptime: With ShipWorks, your data is always under your control. Programs operating on the internet eventually suffer data outages. Internet service providers (ISPs) must do maintenance, etc… When you need access to the data and the network is down, you will be stranded.
ShipWorks comes up with a wide range of features. Overall, ShipWorks can be a great solution for some businesses, particularly those with a decent IT network, or those that deal with a large number of sales.
If you want to keep all your data in-house, this is a pretty great option to consider.
What ShipStation Does Best
ShipStation has a lot going for it as a one-size-fits-all shipping platform. Here are some of the features that make ShipStation a great choice for eCommerce businesses of all types.
- User-friendly interface: Fulfillment can be complicated but the interface for ShipStation is quite user-friendly. Users are able to configure their account screen look to just display the items they like and ignore the stuff they don’t. Its cloud-based website is also a good point and you don’t have to install anything to start using the platform.
- A wide range of carriers: ShipStation makes it easy for you to connect with a wide variety of online service providers like FedEx, UPS, USPS, Stamps, etc. All carriers display rates so it makes your decision making process much easier.
- Automation feature: ShipStation allows automation in shipping options. Order import from various channels is also available with all the information you need.
- 30-day free trial: This option is a good deal for anyone who wants to test the water before going for it.
- ShipStation mobile: Order management can be done through ShipStation Mobile. You can easily handle your orders and track the process of shipment from wherever you are.
Is ShipStation Right for You?
Overall, when it comes to ShipStation’s services, it seems to be hard to be critical. It may not be a perfect fit for every business, but it will probably be fine for any business that works online and needs to do its own shipping and fulfillment.
Over time, more improvements for the app and platform are likely to happen as well. The platform is already good to use, but ShipStation is always working to troubleshoot any issues. If you want to learn more about the platfom or sign up for a free trial, just click right here to visit ShipStation’s website.